When I first found out I was pregnant I was so excited! It just didn’t feel real yet. I went to the doctor and they confirmed it! Still, not real. It wasn’t until my 9-week appointment where my doctor put the doppler on my belly and I could hear the little heartbeat did it feel real. Now, I’m 15 weeks pregnant and finally showing a little bit and I just love this baby so much.
Even when I was a little girl I was excited to have babies. My mom would ask me how many kids I wanted and I would tell her eleven…I don’t want that many kids anymore haha. I have always wanted to be a mother. I truly feel that it is my calling in life. There is so much responsibility involved in raising a child, but also so much reward.
I can’t really describe the feelings that I feel about bringing a tiny human into this world. I can just say that I love this babe so much and I am so excited to start and share this journey with Hamilton. I couldn’t have asked for a better companion to have by my side through this life. He is going to be such an amazing father and I am so excited to see him interact with our babe.
A few little updates:
- I didn’t have morning sickness too badly. I started getting sick around week 8, and it was just in the morning or if I didn’t eat soon enough. Now it’s completely gone. My appetite is back and I can enjoy food again.
- My first sign was not anything that people tell you it will be. I couldn’t flex my lower abdomen. Weird, but that was my first sign for weeks until I got that positive test.
- Hamilton and I are very blessed are were able to get pregnant very easily.
- My doctor thought I had kidney stones at around week 6 and it was terrifying (we still don’t know what it was.)
- The fatigue during the first trimester was my most difficult symptom to deal with. It was so bad that I couldn’t make it through a full workday, and when I could, I would come right home a totally crash.
- We have decided not to find out the gender ahead of time. We are going to wait to be surprised!
I would say that I am really enjoying this pregnancy and I feel so blessed and overwhelmingly grateful about it. I know so many women have really rough morning sickness and/or an overall rough pregnancy. So many women also have a hard time getting pregnant. I thank my Heavenly Father each day for the ability to bear this child and to do it in a way that is enjoyable.