To say we were inspired by going to California would be an understatement. It was the first time we traveled out of state together where we had a lot of control of what we were doing. I love traveling to new places in Florida, but we have some bigger plans for this year!
Our current list of places in Florida is; Little Manatee River State Park, Highlands Hammock State Park, Jacksonville, Everglades National Park, Caladesi Island, and Tarpon Springs.
July we are planning on going to Lake Hartwell in Georgia for a week.
October we are planning on going to Southern Utah and Arizona for a week. Our tentative plan is to go to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Antelope Canyon, and Grand Canyon National Park.
Our list of places we want to visit is just growing longer the more we travel. As we see more of this world and new parts of it, the more our list grows.
While we were in Sequoia this past December Hamilton and I made a new bucket list. We make a list of the hikes we want to do. I’m not sure we will accomplish any of them in 2018 because a few of them aren’t totally possible to do with a baby.
Hiking Bucket List:
- Mt. Whitney – Sequoia & King’s Canyon Nat’l Parks – California
- Half Dome – Yosemite Nat’l Park – Califonia
- The Narrows – Zion Nat’l Park – Utah
- Under the Rim – Bryce Canyon Nat’l Park – Utah
- The Subway – Zion Nat’l Park – Utah
- Angel’s Landing – Zion Nat’l Park – Utah
- Hoh River Trail – Olympic Nat’l Park – Washington
- Wyoming Cascade Canyon Trail – Grand Teton Nat’l Parl – Wyoming
- Elephant Canyon/Druid Arch – Canyonlands Nat’l Park – Utah
- Washington Summerland Trail – Mount Rainier Nat’l Park – Washington
- Highline Trail – Glacier Nat’l Park – Montana
- North Vista Trail – Gunnison Nat’l Park – Colorado
- The Florida Natural Trail through Ocala
This list is already long, but I will continue adding to it! Some of these hikes will be backpacking trips, which I am so excited for! We are planning on doing the Bryce Canyon hike this October! We will have the baby with us, so we may not be able to do the whole 23 miles. We may shorten it since there are multiple different entry points for this trail.
This year is definitely going to be one for the books. We will be having a baby in February and we already have quite a few travel plans! This is an amazing time for us and we cannot wait!
xoxo, Jacquelyn Claire